Zesty and delicious!
- ¾ cup white rice
- 1 cup broth
- 20 oz can pineapple chunks in juice (not water)
- 1 red pepper, cut in pieces
- 2-4 boneless chicken breasts, whole or cut in half
- 2 Tbsp Stuart's Spices Lemon and Herbs Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Place rice, peppers, and pineapple with the pineapple juice into baking dish.
- Add broth and 1½ Tbsp Stuart's Spices Lemon & Herbs and stir.
- Rub rest of seasoning on both sides of chicken, then place chicken on top of mixture, nestling it into the other ingredients.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 35 minutes or until chicken is done and rice is tender. Can uncover and cook 5 minutes on broil to brown the chicken.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Vegetarian options - can use 1 red and 1 green pepper, and ½ - 1 cup shelled pistachio nuts.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.