Cured with sugar, salt and dill, Gravlox has a fresh, delicate flavor, and is delicious. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or anytime!
- 3-4 lb salmon fillet, with or without skin
- Stuart's Spices Gravlox Rub
- Optional: 1 oz vodka or brandy
- Lay fillet on top of plastic wrap, skin side down.
- Cover fillet with entire package of Gravlox rub (full package of rub is necessary to ensure proper cold curing). If you choose to use the vodka or brandy, spread over fish at this point.
- Wrap seasoned filet with plastic wrap and place in a pan. Place second pan on top of the filet, then place cans or bricks on top for weight. Refrigerate.
- Open salmon package every 12-24 hours and baste with the accumulated liquid.
- After 3-4 days, when the dish has lost its translucence, scrape off topping, leaving just a little for added flavor.
- Thinly slice the fillet on a bias.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.