If you're looking for a way to spice up your lentils, look no further. Stuart's Spices Moroccan Seasoning is sure to leave you craving more!
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup lentils
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ eggplant, skin removed, cut in small pieces
- 2-4 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 cup sweet potatoes and/or carrots, cut in pieces
- 2 Tbsp Stuart's Spices Moroccan Seasoning
- 2 cups broth
- 1-2 cups diced tomatoes, fresh or canned
- Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add onion and eggplant, sauté for a few minutes until onions are slightly translucent and eggplant is soft.
- Rub seasoning on both sides of chicken, then add to pot and brown both sides, about 1-2 minutes each side.
- Add broth, tomatoes, rest of the Moroccan seasoning, sweet potatoes / carrots, and lentils.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a strong simmer, cover and cook about 40 minutes.
- Check to see if chicken is done and lentils are soft. If not, cook another 5-10 minutes.
If there's too much liquid in the pot, cook uncovered for the last 5 minutes.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.