- 3 boneless chicken thighs, cut into pieces
- 2 boneless breasts, cut into pieces
- 2 potatoes, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 5 carrots, thickly cut
- 4 ribs celery, thickly cut
- 1 onion, coarsely cut
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 cups frozen corn, defrosted
- 2 Tbsp Stuart's Spices Smokin Sweet BBQ Rub
- ½ cup flour
- Coat raw chicken with 2 Tbsp Stuart's Spices Smokin' Sweet Rub. Let it rest in a bowl while you prep the vegetables.
- Cut carrots, celery, potatoes, and onion.
- Layer in the slow cooker, beginning with carrots, celery, onion, potatoes; then chicken. Pour chicken broth over top
- Turn the slow cooker on low and cook for 6-7 hours.
- Add sliced mushrooms, peas, and corn. Continue cooking for another 30-60 minutes. Stir the mixture.
- Mix flour with equal parts water; add to the slow cooker and stir well. Turn heat up to high. (Optional: mix Bisquick dough for dumplings and drop on top of stew). Cook 20 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings, serve and enjoy!
If you reheat the stew the next day, you may need to add more chicken broth or water.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.