This is a delicious stew perfect for anytime. It's yummy with very little salt!
2 1/2 to 3 lbs. beef cut into 1.5 inch pieces
1/3 to 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. coarse Stuart's Spices ground black pepper
1 tsp. Stuart's Spices dried thyme
1 medium onion chopped
6- 2" potatoes quartered
3 large carrots cut into 1" chunks
8 oz. fresh mushrooms
8 oz. snap peas veined
1 tsp. Stuart's Spices Worcestershire powder ( or 1 tbsp liquid)
2 Tbsp. molasses
1/2 tsp. sea salt
3 to 4 cups strong black coffee
1/2 can tomato paste
Dutch Oven or Crock Pot
- In a large bowl, mix flour, pepper and thyme, then lightly coat the meat with the flour mixture.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of oil in a large stock pot and brown meat in two batches. Remove beef from pot.
- Add two additional tbsp. of oil and onions to the pot and cook the onion until it is translucent. Stir in reserved flour and brown 2-3 minutes.
- Add coffee stock, tomato paste, Worcestershire, and molasses to mixture and stir well.
- Add the meat chunks. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 1-1 1/2 hours. (2 hours or more in a crock pot).
- Add potatoes, mushrooms, and carrots and return to simmer for an additional 30-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add peas and cook covered 8-10 minutes until peas are crisp-tender.
Serve with toasted bread!