Beer Based, Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- Large Crock Pot
- 8-10 Lbs. pork shoulder
- 3-4 oz. Stuart's Spices House Hog Rub
- A few cans or a growler of a full-bodied beer like Rohrbach's Scotch Ale or Guinness
- Trim all visible fat from the pork shoulder.
- Cut/score into the pork shoulder 1/2 inch on a 1 inch grid
- Rub the house hog rub into the meat, including cuts
- Wrap the meat in plastic wrap or place in a covered container. Refrigerate overnight, or for at least 4 hours.
- Place unwrapped, seasoned meat into crock pot and cover with beer.
- Cook on low while at work or overnight. When the roast is done the meat will pull apart easily. Remove roast from broth and pull meat apart using two forks.
- Return meat into broth to keep it moist.
- Serve on a dish or make a sandwich with our favorite type of hard roll. (Coleslaw makes a great side!)
- Leftover broth and pork can be used to make dirty rice dish