3 boneless thighs, cut into pieces
2 boneless half breasts, cut into pieces
2 potatoes, cut into about 2 inch pieces
5 carrots, thickly cut
4 ribs celery, thickly cut
1 onion, coarsely cut
2 cups chicken stock or broth
2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
2 cups frozen corn, defrosted
2 Tbsp. Stuart’s Spices Smokin' Sweet BBQ Rub
1/2 cup flour or 3 Tbsp Stuart’s Spices Arrowroot
1. Coat raw chicken with 2 Tbsp of Stuart’s Spices Smokin’ Sweet rub. Let it rest in a bowl while you prep the vegetables.
2. Cut carrots, celery, potatoes & onion.
3. Layer in the slow cooker, beginning with carrots, celery, onion, potatoes: then chicken. Pour chicken broth over top.
4. Turn the slow cooker on low and cook for about 6-7 hours.
5. Add sliced mushrooms, peas and corn. Continue cooking for about another 30-60 minutes. Stir the mixture.
6. Mix flour with equal parts water, add this slurry to the slow
cooker & stir well. Turn heat up to high. Cook about 20 minutes. (If putting biscuit/dumpling dough on top, do steps 6 & 7 at the same time, so you are only cooking a total of 20-30 minutes longer)
7. Optional: Mix Bisquick dough for dumplings and drop on top of stew, cook about 20-30 minutes.
8. Adjust seasonings, serve and enjoy!
If you reheat the stew the next day, you may need to add more chicken broth or water.