Great munchies for Thanksgiving, football games or anytime! Nuts are the perfect autumn treat, and the spices, well they add some spice to plain nuts! Be sure to make plenty as they go quickly. You can make a large batch and store the leftovers for another day.
10 oz. bag of pecans
1½ tsp. Stuart's Spices Ground Cumin
3 tsp. Stuart's Spices Ground Cinnamon
¾ tsp. Stuart's Spices Ground Chipotle Pepper
½ tsp. Stuart's Spices Ground Cayenne (add more if you like it hotter)
3-4 Tbs. confectioner's sugar
- Mix together the cumin, cinnamon, chipotle and cayenne.
- Rinse the nuts in plain water, just to dampen them. Drain. Toss the spice mixture over the nuts.
- Toss with the sugar so that they are lightly coated. Not all the nuts have to be completely coated.
- Place on baking pan in a single layer, and bake 5-7 minutes at 400 F. Flip the nuts over half way through the cooking time.
- Dump the nuts on wax paper or parchment paper to cool. As they cool they will crisp up a little.