Venison "Buck on Weck"
This is a great appetizer or sandwich!
This is a play on beef on weck, a sandwich found primarily around Buffalo, NY. The beef version is made with roast beef on a kimmelweck roll. A kimmelweck roll is a roll topped with kosher salt and caraway seeds. The meat on the sandwich is traditionally rare, thin cut roast beef. The top bun is dipped into Au Jus and the beef is topped with fresh horseradish or a horseradish sauce.
Here is what you need:
- Venison straks (1" to 2")
- A baguette bread
- Stuart's Spices Caraway Seeds
Stuart's Spices Kosher Salt
- Olive oil
- Fresh horseradish or horseradish sauce
- Cut the baguette into 1/4 to 3/8 inch slices and lightly toast.
- Cook the Venison to medium rare to medium and thinly slice.
- With a brush, cover each slice of toasted baguette with a light coat of olive oil.
- Sprinkle kosher salt and caraway seeds onto the baguette
- Add the thin slides of venison, and top with horseradish.