Just as the name implies, this is a blend of traditional Italian herbs.
If you prefer a blend with a touch of heat, check out our Warm Italian Seasoning, the same great blend with a little crushed red pepper.
Italian Herbs and Warm Italian Herbs can be used in a variety of ways. Here a few to get you started:
- Salad Dressing – Add 2 tsp to 2/3 cup oil and 1/3 cup vinegar. Add some fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Marinara sauces – add ½ - 1 tsp per cup. Start light, and add more if desired.
- Add to soups, vegetables, chicken, or most any meat dish.
- Great in any Italian dish, from lasagna to eggplant, spaghetti to ravioli.
- Bread dip – add to olive oil, along with fresh ground black pepper, and either fresh finely chopped garlic or garlic granules.
- Sprinkle on pizza. Many say that adding toward the end of cooking offers better flavor.
- Take Italian or French Bread, spread with butter, margarine, or olive oil, add herbs, a little garlic, wrap in aluminum foil and bake till hot. Alternately – use pizza dough which can be found in many grocery stores, pizza shops and bakeries. After spreading on oiled baking pan, brush the top with olive oil, sprinkle with Italian herbs and salt. Follow directions on package for baking.
Our own recipe, blended with oregano, basil, rosemary, and marjoram.