As you can guess from the name, our Volcanic Seasoning is very hot, but with great flavor. We start with a million SHU (Scoville Heat Units), then mellow it out with habanero, jalepeno, chipotle, and other peppers, along with a bit of hickory smoke, sugar, and a touch of salt. You’ll find that here at Stuart’s, we tend not to go for just heat in a blend. We always want you to enjoy the great flavors! If it’s true heat you’re looking for, we are happy to sell you Habanero, Scotch Bonnet, Ghost, or Scorpion peppers.
Thanks to our son & daughter-in-law, our Volcanic Seasoning made it to the top of the Cerro Toco Volcano in the Atacama Desert, Chile. (18,385 feet/5804 meters) Do you have a photo you would like to share of where you've taken your Stuart's Spices?
This seasoning is as versatile as your imagination, but here are a few ideas:
- Mix 1 Tbsp seasoning with ½ to 1 cup of maple syrup or honey. Then use to coat your wings, chicken, ribs, tofu.
- Mix Volcanic Seasoning directly into your bowl of chili, stew or jambalaya if you like it hotter than others. Or, you can add it in while you are cooking.
- Mix Volcanic Seasoning in with your favorite rub (like Stuart’s House Hog, Memphis Dry, Potlatch, Butcher’s or Road Kill) to kick up the heat.
- Mix into ketchup for Volcanic Ketchup for your burgers or fries.
- Do you like peanut butter banana sandwiches? Add a thin layer of honey pre-mixed with the Volcanic Seasoning - adds sweet and heat!
- Mix 2-3 tsp Volcanic Seasoning into your chocolate chip cookie dough or brownie mix, then bake as usual. Or add a dash to your hot cocoa!
- Making chocolate candy, hard candy or taffy? Add Volcanic Seasoning.
Our own recipe, blended with dark chili powder, salt, dextrose, fire hot cayenne, capsicum oleoresin, habanero, jalapeno, red pepper, and hickory smoke.
If you love heat but are watching your salt intake, we have a salt-free blend of Volcanic Seasoning