A wonderful mixture of herbs that lends a Mediterranean flair. The mint makes this a stand-out seasoning! Use in pasta salads, as a salad dressing, or great on chicken, shrimp, lamb, or tofu.
Here are some tips & ideas for using Greek Herbs:
- Vinaigrette for salad: ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil, ¼ cup red wine vinegar, 2 tsp Greek Herbs. (1 tsp lemon juice, optional) Shake in tightly covered jar. Add roasted red peppers, Greek olives & feta cheese as toppings to your salad.
- Mix Greek Herbs with Greek Yogurt, let set for herbs to soften. Serve chilled with sliced cucumbers, tomatoes or pita chips.
- Great flavor on chicken, shrimp, scallops, halibut, haddock, lamb, or tofu. Also great to flavor veggies.If grilling, mix Greek Herbs with oil then rub on meat. If roasting, rub dry seasoning directly on meat.
- Mix Greek Herbs into a mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil - great dipping oil for fresh, crusty Italian or French bread.
- Perfect flavors for orzo, cous cous, quinoa or pasta salads. Use as vinaigrette or just with oil. Goes well with artichoke hearts, feta, olives, roasted red peppers, spinach.
- Delicious on grilled or roasted eggplant.
- Try a summer cold cucumber soup. No need to add onion or garlic – the seasoning has it all already in it!
Our own recipe, blended with minced onion, spearmint leaves, oregano, and garlic.