A taste of the tropics! Inspired by our daughter Megan, who helped us develop the recipe. She felt we needed more seasonings for vegetarian dishes, and she was right. Look for some of her recipes in our recipe section. While great in vegetarian dishes, it is equally delicious on chicken, fish, seafood and pork. Great as a dipping sauce when mixed with Olive Oil. Great with casseroles, bean dishes, grilled or roasted vegetables.
Here are some tips & ideas for Island Spice:
- Mix seasoning to taste into a mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil - great dipping oil for fresh, crusty Italian or French bread
- Tropical Rice - add 1 Tbsp Island Spice to 1 cup uncooked rice, then cook as usual
- Great on chicken, pork, fish and seafood. We love it on salmon & cod.
- Grilling Summer Vegetables - add desired seasoning to veggies, drizzle w/ olive oil, wrap in aluminum foil, cook both sides on grill
- Tasty Tofu - slice block of Extra Firm tofu in half length-wise (to make it thinner), then cut each piece into 2 triangles; rub seasoning generously on both sides, sear on hot pan with canola or olive oil. If grilling, use oil on the tofu along with seasoning.
- Scrumptious with Mango Dishes - Mango Salsa is great served with chips, topping on Halibut or Salmon, or on Fish Tacos
Our own recipe, blended with cumin, paprika, black pepper, garlic, onion, sea salt, ginger, thyme, allspice, turbinado sugar, nutmeg, and cloves.