Sugar and spice, and all that’s nice – the perfect description for Stuart’s Apple Pie Spice. Even the name, Apple Pie, conjures up the picture of crisp autumn days, summertime picnics, and cold winter days with the aroma of a warm apple pie baking in the oven.
Here are some ideas for using your Apple Pie Spice:
- Obviously a must in your Apple Pie! Use 2 tsp per 9 inch pie.
- Great in pancake mix or French Toast, about ½ tsp per batch.
- Use in Apple or Pear Crisp or Cobbler, or even in your sugar cookies.
- Cut & core a pear, sprinkle with Apple Pie Spice & grill. Serve with a little goat or brie cheese on top. Sweet yet healthy dessert!
- Add 1 tsp to your pot of coffee for great, sweet flavor.
- Mix with sugar instead of cinnamon. Just as sweet, but more full flavored. Then use as a topping on toast or as the crumb topping on coffee cakes.
- Homemade applesauce: Peel 4-5 apples, core & cut into chunks. Place in microwave 3-6 minutes, mash slightly, to your own preference. Cook a few more min if necessary. Stir in ½ to 1 tsp Apple Pie Spice. No sugar is needed! Serve warm or cold - great both ways! Makes about 2 cups.
- Use in your homemade cranberry relish - the bold flavor is the perfect contrast to the tart cranberries.
Our own recipe, blended with cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg