Bonus Bags available!
Fall is pumpkin season and the perfect time to think about all the great food you can cook from pumpkins as well as other squash and fall veggies. In fact, pumpkin, winter squash, sweet potatoes, and other vegetables are great year round, and pumpkin pie spice is the perfect blend to bring out the best in your pies, stews, casseroles, and desserts.
Check out a great Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe and a Pumpkin Cheese Soup made right in the pumpkin!
Here are some ideas for using your Pumpkin Pie Spice:
- Perfect for the obvious – Pumpkin Pie! Equally perfect in Sweet Potato Pie. Use 1 Tbsp per 9 inch pie.
- Add to your baked or cooked squash, yams or sweet potatoes, or to your sweet potato/yam casserole.
- Use in your favorite Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe or Pumpkin Cookie recipe, in place of cinnamon or nutmeg if the recipe calls for them.
- Great in banana or zucchini bread, even pancakes! Generally about ½ tsp does the trick.
- Makes an amazing savory vegetable pot pie. Make a roux of butter/margarine and flour, add Pumpkin Pie Spice, about ½ - 1 tsp. Add some vegetable broth to thin. Pour over the roasted or steamed fall veggies in a pie crust. (Butternut, acorn or other winter squash, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, onions, turnips, rutabaga) Place a second crust on top and bake your Harvest Pie. Alternately, top the veggies with biscuit dough & bake. (Check out the picture of the veggies in the Pumpkin Pie Spice sauce & then cooking with the biscuit topping)
- Add to your coffee grounds to sweeten up your pot of coffee – 1 tsp per pot. Easier than buying flavored coffee!
- Add to yogurt and use as a dip for fresh fruit - it's better than candy! About 1 tsp to 1 cup yogurt.
Our own recipe, blended with Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, and Nutmeg.